Christ born 4 BC
Matthew 1:1-25 KJV
- The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
- Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
- And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
- And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
- And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
- And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
- And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
- And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
- And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
- And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
- And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
- And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
- And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
- And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
- And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
- And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
- So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
- Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
- Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
- But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
- And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
- Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
- Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
- And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
Luke 1:26-38 KJV
26. And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27. To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
28. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35. And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37. For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
Be sure and read the “Real Christmas Story” listed in the publications section. There are many traditions surrounding the birth of Jesus Christ that are in error. This book explores the facts regarding the birth of Jesus based on scripture.